Councillors met by teleconference late last week to decide on concessions they could offer Scenic Rim businesses, organisations and ratepayers to help soften the financial downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.
In releasing news of the outcome of that meeting it was noted that there are:
• 4,500 businesses within the regional council area.
• 90% are small business.
The concessions ‘package’ has been made available until June 30 and includes:
• No interest will be applied on outstanding rates and charges from March 1 to June 30.
• No debt recovery action on outstanding rates and on outstanding infrastructure charges will be undertaken.
• Council will pay invoices presented by local businesses within seven days of receiving them. (Normally, it takes 30 days.)
• Organisations which have pre-paid for hire of Council venues will receive a refund.
• Commercial tenants in Council owned premises wil receive rent relief if the need can be proven.
• Council will provide assistance to businesses to help them access support measures which have been announced by the State and Federal governments.
• Applications for funding under Round 2 of Council’s small community grants program will be assessed with … “a view to providing more flexibility under the grant guidelines”.