The Boonah Beaudesert Road remains closed at Coulson due to floodwaters over the bridge.
However, creek heights have fallen in the upper reaches of the catchment and it is expected that the floodwaters will continue to slowly recede throughout the morning.
On Mt Alford Road there is no longer a flow of floodwater across the bridge at Harper's Crossing.
The forecast today is for a 60 percent likelihood of showers later this morning with a chance of a thunderstorm later today.
The Boonah Beaudesert Road at Coulson and the Mt Alford Road at Harper’s Crossing remain closed.
Macquarie Street is also closed at the Salt Gully culvert below the Boonah High School.
Other roads closed throughout the Scenic Rim include:
• Newman Road at Maroon
• Mundoolin Connection Road
• FM Bell Road at Mt Alford
• Mutdapilly Churchbank Weir Road at Mutdapilly
Water has been reported flowing across the following roads:
- Boonah Rathdowney Road at the Bunjurgen Road intersection
- Ganthorpe Road at Coochin
- Pennell’s Crossing on Goetsch Road
• Lake Moogerah Road at Clumber
• Tabragalba on the Beaudesert Nerang Road
- Beaudesert Nerang Road near Canungra
The severe storm warning for the Scenic Rim has been cancelled as the system has passed through. However, possible showers are forecast throughout the night and again in the late morning and afternoon on Friday.