We understand the count for the mayoral vote on Sunday finished for the day.
The final update for the day has seen Greg Christensen's lead decrease ahead of John Brent.
- Greg Christensen - 6900 - 33.87%
- Virginia Price - 1932 - 9.44%
- John Brent - 5112 - 25.09%
- Christopher Summers - 1358 - 6.67%
- Tom Sharp - 5080 - 24.93%
It is understood that the recount is complete and the count on the pre-polling is well underway.
As at just after midday on Sunday, the primary vote tally in the Mayoral race is:
- Greg Christensen - 4,023 - 35.13%
- Virginia Price - 1,260 - 11.00%
- John Brent - 2,832 - 24.73%
- Christopher Summers - 680 - 5.94%
- Tom Sharp - 2,658 - 23.21%
- Informal - 720 - 5.91%
TOTAL so far 11,453 40.74%
Technical difficulties with the ECQ website delayed the display of the count on Saturday night.
Booth results only came in dribs and drabs before 10pm but the results showing early this morning, according to ECQ.
Those results indicate the full count on Election Day polling, which by the total votes cast for mayor was:
- Total Votes cast on Election Day were 6,289 or 21.5% of the total vote.
Incumbent Greg Christensen was ahead on the primary with 2104 votes (35.98%) followed by John Brent with 1532 (26.20%), Tom Sharp with 1174 (20.08%), Virginia Price with 639 (10.93%) and Chris Summers with 398 (6.81%).
With so few votes counted and no indication of where preferences would flow, it will take some time before the Scenic Rim has a new Mayor.
In the 2016 election, and with just 20 percent of the vote, Greg Christensen was running third but after preferences were allocated, he came out on top.
What happens now:
First, a total recount of the votes cast on Election Day will be done on Sunday, March 29.
Then postal votes that have arrived will be counted - but postal votes received up to and including April 7 will be considered eligible.
Then pre-poll votes and telephone votes will be counted.
The Election Day vote count for the Mayoral race showed:
- Greg CHRISTENSEN - 2,104 - 35.98%
- Virginia PRICE - 639 - 10.93%
- John BRENT - 1,532 - 26.2%
- Christopher SUMMERS - 398 - 6.81%
- Tom SHARP - 1,174 - 20.08%
- Informal - 442 - 7.03%
TOTAL so far - 6,289 - 21.05%